Monday, October 22, 2007

Thoughts Turn to Home

3 Weeks to push. Looking so much to getting back and spending some time with the family (and, ahem, playing some poker).

I have luckily got about three weeks off work when I get back so can combine the two no problems, but I am certainly looking to distil the time playing poker and use the old adage "quality not quantity". Before I came out here and when I was back for a week I definately lost focus and just played for the sake of it because I knew I was going to be without for a while, I still managed a few cashes but also wasted some buys ins when I was not mentally right to play. Once back and settled I am definately going to come up with some sort of plan of action for my play. Cash games do not interest me in the slightest, and I still a mix of STTs and MTTs, so will base it around that. I also need to distil the sites I play on and consoldiate the bankroll. I currently have about 23 accounts up and running (and funded) and need to look to get them down to about 4 or 5 I guess. Betfair, Sun, Pokerstars, Mansion and Full Tilt I think. The first two are the ones I get rakeback on and I enjoy the games on all five. I guess I also need to step up the buy in levels I play at. With a couple of thousand bucks in the accounts I guess playing 10 buck STTs and 2 and 5 buck MTTs is a little below what I should be playing at.

All comments welcome on the above, and any ideas are also welcome.

2 comments:

seanb said...

play whatever level you are comfortable with, but don't forget to spend more time with your family (at least as much as they can stand) than with the poker

milts

Anonymous said...

Stop playing poker and get some work done !! Rab