Sunday, August 26, 2007

A Poker Game at Last

Finally found some lads that play poker over here. Went down on Sunday night for a $25 freezeout and then a cash game. Was happy with the way I was playing and trundling along with 4 left (out of 8, only 2 paid), when I got a AA on the button, happy days as they say out here. UTG calls. I raise 3 x bb, SB folds, BB calls, and does the limper. Flop comes Q T 3 rainbow, and its checked to me. Substantial bet from me sees BB call, and original limper fold. Flop comes A of spades, showing two spades. He checks I go all in. He umms and ahhhs for a while then calls for all but a couple of hundred chips, and flips over T2 of spades. Of course I deal myself the spade that I dont want and I am out. Marsalaama Mutherfucker.

I played in a cash game after for a while (.25/.50 blinds), bought in for $60 and left with $71 after an hour or so. Play was average at best and I should have walked away with a bit more but tried to get clever with a muppet and lost about 18 bucks on one hand towards the end.

These guys play regularly and I will mostly be playing as much as I can with them from now on, so could be profitable. I will keep you updated on my progress.

Iraqi Poker Tour (IPT) Progress so far.

Tournaments -$25
Cash +$11


Ciao for now.

No comments: