Saturday, June 23, 2007

Saturday Headhunters

Rather than take on the tough(er) competition of daytime betfair players I thought I would play a few of the Crypto Headhunter tournaments. I like the format although I am not sure it suits my style of play. I think you have to get a stack early on and then bully opponents by going all in against them - not my style, but lets see how I get on.

1114 Game - £5 - Steady start up a couple of hundred. Dealt AQ, put in a standard raise and get one caller. Flop is A Q 7, two spades - I raise a decent amount caller reraises all in. Now I am thinking if they have AA or QQ then fair enough but more likely AK through to AT and decide its worth the risk. Oppo flips over K4 spades,turn is a blank but the river is a spade and its all over. No Heads

1214 Game - £2 - Good start, two early heads and up to about 4k. Bloody Thunderstorm means I lose the broadband for about 45 minutes. Got back in and had just finished just inside the money, plus the two heads from earlier.

1314 Game - £5 - Also affect by the loss of broadband cos of the thunder, having onlyplayed a couple of hands before losing connection. Got back in with only 800 or so left, waited for a suited ace but no luck. No Heads.

1414 Game - £10 - No good, no hands to speak of for the first 45 mins or so, then managed to get my all in with AK called by QQ. No Heads.

1 comment:

Doob said...

Yeah I'll try these headhunters sometime. I'll be utterly crap at them but it's worth a go.

New Kings of Leon album sucks I'm afraid. Can't get into it at all, no where near as good as their previous albums.