Friday, April 27, 2007

Weekend Poker and the Usual Value Footy Tip

Already bombed out the $1750gtd on betfair, having laid down QQ pre flop (to be fair there were 3 all ins before me!), I was all proud of myself and thought I had built a clever image at the table. Raise a hand x3 BBs (how else?) holding AT sooted and get one caller, floppage arrives as A 7 3 which looks good, I check (with the intention of check raising to increase the "clever" image further. So t'other fella duly raises, I reraised him to about 450, but bugger me he reraises me all in. I aint having any of the shite, I am the man and call, he flips AJ... Ahhhhhhh, I'm out and look like a numpty instead of a well placed clever player who should be feared. So its $10 STTs mostly for me for the rest of the night/weekend.

Now, regular readers will have noticed I am on a bit of a streak as far as the footy bets are concerned, with some great value tips over the last few weeks. This week is a toughy with a distinct lack of a standout value bet for you. Portsmouth (@3.15 on betfair) may do well at home to Liverpool who have bigger fish to fry. Leeds (1.81) go into a must win game against Ipswich who have nothing to play for, but backing Leeds at any odds these days is a sure fire path to the poorhouse. Into League One and Yeovil (1.77) who are usually good at home are a good bet to consolidate their play off position against an average Donny side who also have nowt to play for, although they aint too bad on the travels, a trip down to the south west is a different proposition. In the basement, Accrington Stanley (2.2, exactly) could be a value bet but both them and Macc Town have it all to play for and the Ince factor, and the fact he may actually lead them ON the field may be a danger.

Sooooooo, I have gone for Bournemouth (2.00) at home to Gillingham as theeee value bet of the weekend. Bournemouth need a result to finally confirm that they will be playing league one footy again next season and welcome back sick note Anderton to add a little class to their midfield. Add to this a poor away performing Gills side with nothing to play for, this stands out as about the only obvious choice of the weekend. Get on early before the price plummets!

No comments: