Saturday, December 09, 2006

Cricket Tilt

I dont tilt much or very often but I seem to have been severely affected by a (relatively) big loss on the cricket last week.

I had a tenner on the Aussies before the start of the second test, which seemed entirely sensible. However, after England had built up a massive 1st innings score I decided to get out without a loss, by laying the aussies at long odds. Well the rest is history, with a second inning collapse I am now a ton or so down on the event.

Added to this I am unable to cash in a stt to save my life. I have now played 7 $10 stts on betfair and had a couple of 4ths for my troubles. I feel as if I should play to recoup the cricket loss, but the longer the losing streak goes on the worse it is.

It doesnt help when my AT gets beat by A7 to put me out in 4th. But hey, thats poker!

2 comments:

Posh said...

hey AJ - ul with the cricket. That's such an unlikely turn of events, you can't be too hard on yourself mate.

as for the poker - I've found the STTs pretty depressing of late; haven't really played them in earnest for ages and concentrated more on the MTTs for my tournament poker. Perhaps that's an idea for you too? You'll get more poker for your money and perhaps reduce the leakage rate if you are tilting with the oppo of a decent result when the cards go your way.

Good luck anyway,
dibs

Anonymous said...

aj,see my blog for how i played basically like you would do not tilting! came good in the end with a win as you know doubt will m8

as for the cricket its just like american footie m8 you gotta against the tide not with but hell live n learn m8 write it off as a leson and back to it h and congrats on that liver performance m8 well chuffed for ya

snap