Sunday, February 05, 2006

Oh What A Night


And not in late December back in '63...

Tonight was the night, and a very busy one at that. Now sundays are normally a busy night, and tonight was no exception. I'll try and keep it brief.

$5+50c Virgin Booty started at 7:30 as did the Blue Square $1000 Bubble tournament. 46 entries in the Booty so top 5 payout plus added virgin air miles which I already have 6020 of so I was very interested in this one. Good, solid start and was going well.

As for the bubble, this is a monthly tournament that you have to apply to enter when you have bubbled in one of Blue Squares scheduled buy in tournaments. Me being me, purposely bubbled (first time) in a 10c six seater stt, so I'm in a field of 99 for the mtt. Struggled for much of the early rounds and was even all in for about 4k in chips, hitting on the river to stay in and double through. I blame my poor performance on concentrating on the Virgin Booty.

Back to Virgin, and I'm down to the ft and eventually go out in 8th, which doesnt exactly please me, but hey ho, back to Blue Square.

We also had the added complication of another mtt starting on poker.co.uk, a magazine promotion for $1000 with only 72 entrants, you have got to be in it to win it.

Also at 8:30 the weekly Flashmob game starts, but I am otherwise engaged with the Virgin and Blue Square games and only make the ft and limp out in 10th out of 21, sitting out most of the game really.

Ah yes, back to the Bubble, down to the final table and in the money and eventually down to the last 4, a long battle ensued, once 4th had gone, I was soon heads up against a maniac who was willing to raise with anything. Didnt last long and I was the winner when my KQ beat his 10 7 (!). A tidy $320 in the bank, which is just about a pb for me.

Back to poker.co.uk, and to cut a long story short I ironically went out in 11th on the bubble.

Also played another mtt on 32Red but didnt last to long when my AA was cracked by 67 sooted after about half an hour.

A very busy night, one good result but could have been even more, but very happy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well played, I was actually secretly watching you on Blue Square when you were heads up (Didn't want to break your concentration by saying anything and wasn't quite sure if it was you or the wife) and the other bloke had quite a big chip lead but lost the plot really.

And can't believe you had to deliberately bubble to qualify! I could bubble for England.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the win AJ, and you beat me in the Flashmob game by sitting out !

Anonymous said...

great result AJ, very impressive, keep it up