Sunday, January 22, 2006

Ouchy!

Man Doooooooowwn! Went paintballing today with my new 13 year son. I say he's new, he's actually 13 years old, its just he is different already now he is a teenager. Still totally useless at organising himself, but now he realises that what I tell him is mostly true, plus an added bonus that he now acts almost sensible. Anyway, the paintballing. I got shot about four times, once on the forehead just above the mask (ouch), one on the back (I wasnt running away!, ouuuuuch), thirdly on the knee (ooooowww, that fucking stingsssssa), and lastly righy squarly on the thigh (oooohhhhhh yyyyouoououoou basssttarddddddddd). Good fun though and highly recommended. One quality moment sneaking up behind a young lad and making him dance when i peppered him with paint.

StevieP popped up on MSN tonight and sounded well pissed off with some horrid beats, and says he is having a $50 to settle himself into some proper poker. Sound like a decent idea so I have a shot at a $20 stt on Sporting Odds. 2nd in that for a 40 buck profit, which is fair enough. Standard of play - distinctly average. Stevie is 3rd in his $50 stt, so doubles his money. I'm straight into $30 and am going well with 6 left when i get KJ on the BB, one limper and the flop comes down J 9 7, i stick in a bet that only leaves me with about 500 chips and he re-raises me to put me all in. Top pair, I am having some of this and call, he flips over AK and hits his A on the river. Not to worry, Match of the Day has just started and I'm still in profit.

Anyway, I decide to have shot at Pot Limit Cash on Sporting Odds. I seem to be doing quite well on there recently, having doubled my stack last night. So I load up $25 on a 0.12/0.25 10 seater and within 12 hands I am up to 42 bucks, and then up to 46. I usually make a rule that if I double up on a cash table I leave and start again for free, so I offer up my seat to Stevie and move on. On the next table I load up my $25 again and turn it into $70 within about 30 mins. Left the table with $68. Very enjoyable, but some of the play is incredible on these tables.

One more table then time for bed, jeez my leg hurts, table has started to dwindle to 4 players, so I am taking my 37 bucks and going to bed. I love Saturdays. Flashmob on Betfair tomorrow night plus a $50,000 (!) freeroll for Uk only players on Partypoker.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Party Poker !!!!!

See my blog entry , doubt you will ever see that as a review in a poker magazine ;)

Paul