Saturday, December 17, 2005

On the move

Just realised I hadn't updated for a few days, sorry blog god I shall not forget you again. But I have had a few Xmas doos.

Moving jobs and consequently moving house next year for definite now. Moving from the affluent south, to just outside the metropolis that is Kings Lynn. If anyone is that way inclined I will be working in the vicinity of Grid reference TF729083 (GB Grid). Once you find out what is there you will realise what I do.

On the poker front I have had a half decent week, still making a small profit, including a second in the 50 euro bonus on betfair this afternoon. Played in the Punterlounge.com (that's Punterlounge.com, see the link opposite) Betfair £2000 freeroll tonight. Now, 69 players in a 2 grand freeroll sounds like heaven, but these are canny players and I never got a look in. I had previously entered the Sporting Odds Safety Net freeroll at 7pm and was going well (massive chip leader) by 8:30pm when the big one started. Did not a lot in the Betfair gig, until I had 700 chips left, when I got caught by the dreaded table pop up, that I i clicked elsewhere had me betting 600 chips (blinds 50/100ish) with 56o over Gazblades raise. He readily put me all in for the 100 remaining chips. I flopped pair and caught trips on the turn. Much "LOL"ing all around saw Gaz hit the flush on the river and me watching the X Factor final. Still, I had the SO freeroll to keep me busy which I managed to scrape 3rd in for about 30 bucks.

How could I forget to mention the 3-1 thrashing of the mighty (European champions) forest on Friday night. They must be sheeeeite.

No comments: