Sunday, March 25, 2007

I need a challenge in my (poker) life

Sorry about the lack of updates recently, poor connectivity to the net due to Tiscali and extreme overload at work have led to a lack of poker and even more of a lack of updates to this blog.

Firstly, Tiscali, if anyone is think of ever signing up to this ISP then please do not! I have been a loyal customer for many years and everything was fine and dandy up until about the start of December. All of a sudden i was unable to connect to some poker clients from about 7 until 9:30ish. All web surfing was a normal but no poker (at least not betfair, any of the playtech skins) etc. Apparently they have installed some kind of traffic management on their system which happens to affect some applications. They assured me that they would seek a resolution straight away but nothing was forthcoming. Then during the xmas and new year break everything was back to normal - suggesting that it was a capacity problem. 3 January comes and back to the bad ways again, but since then it has been slightly worse being off from about 5pm until 11 everyday. Now the obvious thing to do would be to change isps, but as I was away with work for a few weeks I couldnt really do this and when I got back Tiscali announced they had fond a solution and all would be sorted within a matter of days, so I hung on for a bit longer. Every time I decided to move isps Tiscali would pronounce on their forums that they expected to sort it all out in the next few day etc. Anyway, enough is enough and I am off, and all should be back to normal very soon. God I sound like tiscali!

On the poker front I have managed 5 final tables so far on gats' thread this month which is rather nice. Most of them have been on betfair but not until either late at night or early morning, so hopefully with a better net connection i can get into some better timed mtt (ie early evening) on betfair.

I have lost some direction to my poker and I really do need some kind of challenge so will be on the look out for one over the next weeks, and I there are any readers left on this blog then please feel free to suggest one.

See you all at the tables, soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A challenge eh!! i challenge thee to stay away from poxy steps games on farty poker!!

welcome back to betfair poker mate, unfortunately for you your style of poker is the similar to mine and therefore well suited to the set up on betfair no matter how crap the site looks!!

slower blinds bigger stacks etc etc they suit some people!!

May i suggest (following on from my success) that you try occasionaly to take the sat route to the 11k and such, 3 bucks for a nites poker if you amkeit and as we now know!! a decent cash even at the min level

Oh and thanks for the support during that game, when i took a couple of hits and was ready to chuck em in your comments kept me focused m8 most appreciated!!

Best of luck and remember your not after their love your after their chips!!

snap

sorcha said...

the £2 thread is good.
start playing the £5 and £10 multis that have say 50-70 players as its reasonably easy to final table so you get your name up :)
also watch for similar priced games that have say 100-110 players as these pay top 20 and again easy to do.
once you start getting a bit back you gain confidence and play better.
just better than the 3-400 £2 runners where you need a cartfull of luck and you get a bit peeved off with the whole thing then.
gl aj